ERIC'S PLAN TO ALLEVIATE HALLWAY CONGESTIONS
"As part of the student council, we have to create policies that address students' needs and make everyone's experience at school better."
–Rep. Eric Yao
Although this bill failed to pass the Student Council, Eric and the Gold Pig Party will reintroduce this bill in the fall to ensure the safety of students and staff in our hallways.
USE ALL STAIRCASES AROUND THE SCHOOL
- Encourage students to use the closest staircases to their classroom, instead of the East and West Commons Staircases
- Students will be required to use the staircases closest to their respective classroom
- The 2 main staircases near East and West Commons will be one-way only during transition times
- East Commons staircase will be going down and West Commons staircase will be going up
Traffic will be reduced by up to 30% at most congested locations.
Reduction in Traffic
Double the efficiency of staircases.
DIVIDE HALLWAY IN HALF & ENSURE TRAFFIC IS MOVING AT ALL TIMES
- A divider will be placed in the middle of the hallway to create a defined traffic flow
- Ban people from stopping in the middle of the hallway
BAN TEXTING AND WALKING
- People who text and walk are slow, so Eric will ban them to make sure everyone walks fast
- Create texting zones to allow people to use their phones in the hallway